Contact UsPlease email us at byu.unicef(at)gmail.com
- Ending child marriageTens of millions of girls in the world are married while still children, many before puberty and often to much older men.
- Abandoning FGM/CAn estimated three million African girls undergo female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) every year.
- Paediatric HIV/AIDS in Zambia - Part IVProgrammes to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV continue to expand in Zambia.
- Child’s View – Education is freedomUNICEF held a photography workshop with 20 students in South Africa’s poorest province.
- Conflict and maternal health in AfghanistanPregnancy and childbirth remain perilous in Afghanistan, where maternal and child mortality rates are second highest in the world.
- Ending child marriage
Monthly Archives: January 2009
On Saturday January 24, BYU UNICEF club members traveled to the Kostopulos Dream Foundation in Salt Lake City. Camp K, is an organization that provides fun community based activities for individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities. We had a blast snowshoeing and singing karaoke … Continue reading
On Thursday January 22, the BYU UNICEF club was privileged to be visited by Linda Naugle. Ms. Naugle is the Senior Major Gifts Officer of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. Linda spent over two hours of her very busy schedule meeting with the BYU AdLab … Continue reading
The Utah TAP Project has begun! There was a flurry of excitement this last Wednesday, with students getting ready to recruit restaurants across the state of Utah. If you missed out, we still can use your help! Training will start on Wednesday January 28th. Please email us for information.
“Child Disability and Acceptance – – What can I do?” This month we were privileged to hear from Tina Taylor Dyches, an associate professor from BYU’s department of counseling psychology and special education. Professor Dyches has received many teaching awards and has published … Continue reading