Contact UsPlease email us at byu.unicef(at)gmail.com
- Ending child marriageTens of millions of girls in the world are married while still children, many before puberty and often to much older men.
- Abandoning FGM/CAn estimated three million African girls undergo female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) every year.
- Paediatric HIV/AIDS in Zambia - Part IVProgrammes to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV continue to expand in Zambia.
- Child’s View – Education is freedomUNICEF held a photography workshop with 20 students in South Africa’s poorest province.
- Conflict and maternal health in AfghanistanPregnancy and childbirth remain perilous in Afghanistan, where maternal and child mortality rates are second highest in the world.
- Ending child marriage
Monthly Archives: September 2009
As you may have seen in yesterday’s New York Times, UNICEF has announced that the number of children under the age of five dying each day from preventable causes has dropped to 24,000. Only three years ago, 25,500 children were … Continue reading
BYU//UNICEF was a visible presence at this years BYUSA sponsored “Involve-a-Palooza.” BYU//UNICEF club members were hard at work recruiting amongst the 34,000 students at Brigham Young University. “Learn more about saving children’s lives,” shouted one member while others shouted “believe … Continue reading