June 2010 – B YU UNICEF 2010/2011 co-presidents Craig Berrett & AJ Swartwood attended the 2010 Campus Initiative Conference in New York City. Craig and AJ were apart of 140 UNICEF Campus leaders from all over the United States who attended the three day conference. Each had the opportunity to share best practices, participate in skill and knowledge building workshops and bring the most recent resources for UNICEF Campus Clubs back to their communities.
Contact UsPlease email us at byu.unicef(at)gmail.com
- Ending child marriageTens of millions of girls in the world are married while still children, many before puberty and often to much older men.
- Abandoning FGM/CAn estimated three million African girls undergo female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) every year.
- Paediatric HIV/AIDS in Zambia - Part IVProgrammes to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV continue to expand in Zambia.
- Child’s View – Education is freedomUNICEF held a photography workshop with 20 students in South Africa’s poorest province.
- Conflict and maternal health in AfghanistanPregnancy and childbirth remain perilous in Afghanistan, where maternal and child mortality rates are second highest in the world.
- Ending child marriage